Talk about a losing streak! A Times-Call Open Forum letter from recent City Council loser Karen Benker and some comments in the always entertaining comment section at the TC online website got me to thinking. Fellow LA contributor Dave Larison and I have been throwing back and forth the growing list of failures and defeat of the Longmont leftwing losers – sort of like how a pair of cats toss around a dead or dying mouse.
But let us count the ways these people, who are absolutely wrong for Longmont (aka Wrongmont ©me), have been incorrect and on the losing side of just about everything. And this is just from last November!
- LOST 4 council seats up for election, including Mayor. This one had to sting, especially the unexpected defeat of their Queen Bee Benker. Remember how they scoffed and laughed early on at the odds of Katie Witt pulling this off?
- LOST County Issues 1A & 1B ( and ClimateSmart extensions). You could almost hear the jaws hitting the floor on this one.
- LOST Times-Call Open Meetings suit. Here’s yet another one these screwballs incorrectly handicapped, repeatedly.
- LOST Longmont Fair Campaign Practices Act (LFCPA) suit. Since I was part of this suit, this was especially gratifying, again, mostly because of the uninformed buffoons who said we’d never win in Federal court. Or what the victory actually meant, for all, not just the plaintiffs.
- LOST to FAA over prairie dogs at airport. Plain old common sense won out on this one, really a no-brainer. How dare human safety trump rodent hugging.
- My appointment to the Airport Advisory Board. This is really 5a, but it was hilarious watching these fools make, well, fools out of themselves trying to get me booted off this board. We voted unanimously to support #5
- HeavenFest permit approved. They spent a lot of political capital (not that they had any to spend) on this issue, FAIL. They’re new lame little website is pretty much devoted (pun intended) to this issue – that and copying other news sources, sort of like what the Longmont Ledger does.
- Losing the LifeBridge/Firestone issue. Now Firestone has annexed a path directly to the LifeBridge/Union development. Just about anyone could see this coming, but I’m sure they cried in their latte’s over this news.
- Losing the Rocky Mountain Christian Church (RMCC) issue. Remember, regardless of #7, #8 and this, they aren’t anti-Christian or anti-religious! Just keep on telling us that, maybe someone actually believes it. This is another issue that just keeps being dragged through the courts, and the losers just keep losing. Getting a trend here? They want to financially bleed those they want to get rid of, very Stalinist, and not so “of the people”.
So when you see and hear them make their predictions, usually with some pseudonym on the TC’s website or their own, keep in mind they’ve been incorrect on just about everything. Scratch the “just about” part of that last sentence. Picture an echo chamber with screwballs yelling at each other and you just about have it right. But they sure are a good lookin’ bunch – not.